There are many great opportunities for Victoria Public Market as a venue for dynamic off-site events.
MORE THAN A MARKET
With over 3000 square feet of open concept event space, Victoria Public Market is a unique venue that features polished concrete floors, rugged concrete pillars, high ceilings with exposed metal ducting, and black metal gates, all of which combine together for a perfect blend of contemporary and industrial. This urban space is a blank canvas that can be completely transformed to create an atmosphere that is intimate or grand. Victoria Public Market is ideal for all types of special events including corporate events, fundraisers, fashion shows, weddings, private parties and more.
Conveniently located on Douglas Street, one of the main thoroughfares in and out of the city, in the iconic Hudson’s Bay Building, Victoria Public Market is one block North of City Hall and one block East of Canada’s oldest Chinatown. We are a short five minute walk from the waterfront on Store Street, and a ten minute walk from the Inner Harbour. The Market is easily accessible by car, bus and bike.
- 3000 square feet of open concept event space, available for use after Market hours
- Capacity: 350 people (Possibility for more if Market tenants are open, and Fire Department approval is obtained), 216 people seated without a dance floor, 180 seated with a dance floor
- Onsite Market Representative
- Community Kitchen - kitchen can be used for culinary staging, cooking, gathering or storage during your event
- Small Stage - flexible and movable stage that can be placed in different locations
- Tables and Chairs - existing in the Market and are included in the rental
- Audio Visual System Featuring:
- Full high definition projection system with multiple connections for laptops, iPads and tablets, and a 10’ projection screen
- Audio system throughout entire facility for proper balance and coverage for all presentations
- Versatile stage sound system. Professional quality for clean, crisp audio reproduction
- Wireless microphone
- Audio connections to allow users to play their own music
Venue rental rates through to December 31st, 2019:
Main Market Space $1825 +GST
Community Kitchen $125 +GST
Security $30 per hour, per guard +GST
Additional Tear Down Time $170 +GST, per hour